Monday, April 7, 2014

30 Minutes Rant - What I do on weekends?

Ever since graduation a year and a half ago, lifestyle had inevitably changed for most of us. No more 3 pm driving range, 5 pm gym, off-peak cheap student movie tickets etc. So I would say, weekends became much more valuable in comparison.

Sometimes I wonder what do my peers do on their weekends. Some said they will catch up on korean drama, some on movies online, others on other online activities. Hmmm.. My weekends. I do go online, but usually after I'm done with day activities. Going online is like last on the list, when there is no more sunlight, no more shopping, no more errands, no more hobbies.

My weekend typically starts on friday night where i'll usually go somewhere quiet to read a book. Saturday and Sunday are days when I will try to wake up naturally, but usually my niece would have knocked on my door before that, sadly. Take today for example, I was determined to stay in bed but my cute niece came knocking on my door saying 'good morning yi yi, time to wake up!'. So I was expecting nice fluffy pancakes because her mum said they will be preparing pancakes for breakfast. It turned out that they were unable to get the correct consistency for the pancake batter and needed my help. So I spent half the day fixing the batter and making pancakes. Not very good for the sick soul in me.

This weekend, I spent it sick. Yeah, I spent half the week drowning in herbal tea but to no avail. In fact it made it worse. My cold did not get better, and I guess the excessive herbal tea gave me diarrhea.

While there's no sports, meal meetings or shopping this week, other things still have to go on. Like usual weekend grooming. Nails, eyebrow trimming, black head sticker etc. Ensure that I am back in office looking groomed at least. To me, it is straight forward. No matter whether there are eyes watching or not, dress up to as much self respect you have.

Weekends are also time for me to clear backlogs. Like, reply emails, pay bills, check upcoming events, analyse the traffic stats for my blog.

How about you? How about you?

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment