Thursday, October 17, 2013

Birthday is a day to count blessings!

Every birthday, it becomes a time for me to reflect on the past year. What are the things I've achieved and what had I not achieved. 


The past year had been particularly good for me. I had expected a first class honours, but, it came with a bonus and surprise to get a prize along with it at my convocation. However it is very disappointing for me to realise that a fch serves no purpose in the corporate world unless it's from a local university. Perhaps I just haven't found the right job. I will continue to work hard. Otherwise, work had been smooth with nice colleagues. 


Went night safari with family, meals with friends, and first time celebrating it at work! Colleagues bought me a cake and backpack! Thank you. Oh! And my excited niece had been talking about how she was going to invite her playgroup little friends to my 'birthday party'! HAHAHA. Of course it didn't come true.   


I am indeed grateful to the advent of my life, and have not forgotten the less fortunate. I always believed that education is the way to grow. That is why when I visited the orphanage in Nairobi, I brought along a package of stationery and books. 


This year, I am very fortunate to be able to join another 70 donors in giving out a total of 108 student scholarships to the less fortunate students in Thailand. I donated two normal shares within my limited capability. 


The annual ceremony at Wat Thamfad, kindly coordinated by brother fazhu, hosted a total of 108 students from 10 different schools in Kanchanaburi, Thailand. The scholarship ceremony this year, presided by Luang Phor Watchara is also in celebration of the 100 years of Somdej Sankaraj. It was coincidentally held on the day of my birthday this year, on 12th October.  


I am very happy to be able to help them. Even though public education is free in Thailand, however, the students would still have to purchase their own uniforms and books. This is how the annual scholarship issued by Wat Thamfad helped the poorer students there. 


Phor means father in Thai language. Look at how happy and respectful the kids are when they are receiving their scholarship from Luang Phor. So heart warming. 


Sharing some of the ceremony's photos with you all. Photo credit: bro Fazhu.


The banner for ceremony

LP Watchara of Wat Thamfad

Little boys kneeling in line to receive their scholarship

Displaying appreciation with a Wai

This boy is so cute! ^^

Etena sacca vajjena sothi te hotu sabbada! [By the firm determination of this truth, may you ever be well]

No comments:

Post a Comment