Saturday, May 31, 2014

Another 4 movies!

Yeah I'm really enjoying my free time visiting the cinema. So, another 4 movies down. I don't write down what the plots were about so that I don't spoil the fun. Anyway you can just read it online as well. I don't like to copy and paste content onto my blog. 

All 4 movies were equally good in their own way, I'll give all 4 of 5 stars, but my favourite was Grace of Monaco.



1. Grace of Monaco

CAST
Nicole Kidman, Tim Roth, Frank Langella, Paz Vega
DIRECTOR
Olivier Dahan
LANGUAGE
English with Chinese subtitles
OPENING
22 May 2014
RUNTIME
103 mins
RATING
PG


Short review: This is truly worthy of the Cannes' opening film, no doubt about that. The cinematography was perfect. Story was great. Very classy project. Nicole Kidman, woohoo! Hurry catch it before it's off screen.





2. Overheard 3  窃听风云 3

CAST
Sean Lau Ching Wan, Louis Koo Daniel Wu, Zhou Xun
DIRECTOR
Alan Mak, Felix Chong
LANGUAGE
Mandarin with Chinese and English subtitles
OPENING
29 May 2014
RUNTIME
131 mins
RATING
PG13 - Some Violence and Coarse Language


Short review: Third of the series, less heavy than the previous two. Plot was complicated but easy enough to digest within the runtime. Kept me hooked onto the screen with various small twists here and there. Lau Ching Wan plus Louis Koo. What can go wrong? Masculinity paired with geek. 




3. Disney's Maleficent

CAST
Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Miranda Richardson, Juno Temple, Lesley Manville
DIRECTOR
Robert Stromberg
LANGUAGE
English
OPENING
29 May 2014


Short review: Okay, I really love how the story ended with a major twist from the original Sleeping Beauty diegesis. That really got me even though through out the movie I was glued on how AJ's cheeks looked so chiselled.





4. Aberdeen 香港仔

Cast: Louis Koo, Miriam Yeung, Gigi Leung
Director: Pang Ho-Cheung
Genre:Drama
Language: Mandarin
Release Date:22 May 2014
Running Time:97 minutes


Short review: This movie is an art masterpiece. So many stories running parallel but gelled by the theme of family. Touches social issues, touches locality. By the way, Golden Village is the exclusive distributor. Even though this movie went down extremely well with me, but do note that it is not as easily acceptable to others due to its artistic directions. 




Credits: movie information taken from cathay and golden village's website. Trailers from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment