Monday, May 26, 2014

Bangkok trip postponed =(

In view of the military coup in Bangkok now, I have postponed my trip to October. It was a goodwill gesture by FlyScoot to offer free rebooking subjected to fare difference.

So, after I landed back in Sg on Friday evening, I was kept busy with this rebooking thing.

I had to top up slightly more than a hundred dollars for the two tickets I booked, but nothing beat the safety of my dad. Yeah, I know that my Thai friends and tailor told me it's 'super safe'. I would have went ahead if it's my solo trip, but can't risk my family.

Had been keeping myself updated with FlyScoot's Facebook page with regards to Bangkok bookings. Lots of unhappy customers complaining about how other budget airlines, as well as FlyScoot's parent company SIA, are offering a refund option too. I would personally love a refund too, but I believe it is already a goodwill by FlyScoot to offer free rebooking and/or rerouting to other destinations. It beats forfeiting my tickets entirely. I mean, when presented with options, it is good enough, just pick the best.

Alright, so I'm actually quite unhappy to lose about $200. However, no one wanted the unstable political situation. Not as though FlyScoot caused the coup, and when we're angry, we're blinded. Don't show your annoyance towards FlyScoot's call centre staffs. I waited for 20 minutes before I was connected with a customer service officer, but am still grateful for their service.

I don't think shouting at them and demanding for their supervisor will land you a refund, so don't. When you are about to do this, think of how your superior at work scolds you for no apparent reason. Hold it in.

Apart from the fare difference, I also had to forfeit one night's hotel cost for cancellation.

After my talk with FlyScoot, I made a call to Bangkok for hotel cancellation. It was important to me as no-show will incur the cost of entire duration, and I was supposedly bound for Bangkok in less than 48 hours. Managed to make the call slightly past midnight and was greeted by a polite Thai-speaking lady. With my limited knowledge of the Thai language, I squeezed my brain a little and asked if I could speak English instead. It may have sounded simple but I'm glad I was still able to speak this little bit, effectively.

All in all, let's hope that the people of the land of smiles will be able to get through this episode safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment