Friday, December 9, 2016

【北京冬天】接地气的一晚

Visit to any countries wouldn't be complete without making a trip to their convenience stores! So on the first night in Beijing, my university mate wanted to bring me out for supper but I was seriously too full for another full meal. Subsequently she wanted to let me try their UberEats and Deliveroo equivalent app but really, no thanks! Quota max.

Went for a short walk around Chaoyang area near my hotel and managed to locate a convenience store. Beer is quite cheap there, like less than SGD$2. But being the #fatahbeng I am, just couldn't settle for less. I just had to try this craft beer from Nanjing which is a Jasmine Tea Lager complete with very contemporary Chinese packaging. Nice.

 

My friend insisted that I take a photo of the beautiful can at somewhere with nicer background but I simply could wait no more. Had to do it right outside the convenience store. 


This can is about SGD$7+, but i thoroughly enjoyed the strong malt flavours backed by a hint of green tea.


My friend called my 小吃货 and insisted that i must try the jian bing from street vendors =) it is about SGD$1 for a big piece of jian bing filled with several ingredients including Chinese crullers, preserved vegetables, seafood sauce, fried crispies, coriander and such.


beer and jian bing goes really well for supper. apparently they eat jian bing for breakfast too! maybe for breakfast you will have to go with soya bean milk?


一手煎饼、一手佳酿,何不为人间乐事?

No comments:

Post a Comment