Saturday, September 14, 2013

Magical Ayam Penyet RIA

Ayam Penyet RIA began and has most of its outlets located in town area, and so I visited its coop at Far East Plaza when hunger pang struck while window shopping.

Been almost two years since I set foot into this shopping centre. Could rarely get anything from here as I am ever so picky/perfectionist. Not much has changed, but the fifth floor has definitely transformed into a place for more gastronomic adventures. Easily spotted from ground floor is Ayam Penyet RIA.

Brightly lit with simple and clean decor is exactly what lured me in. Wasn't so much about its popularity on my mind. 

The restaurant offers many new variations of the Indonesian penyet dish, literally everything can be served penyet, or 'smashed'. Chicken, chicken chunks, fish, prawn, beef patty, beef balls... I ordered the original Ayam Penyet together with my favourite childhood drink, Teh Botol Sosro (Indonesian black tea)!


I was served the chicken breast and wing. The dish came served on banana leaf, along with some veggies, taupok, tempe and the bomb... The chilli sauce! 

The chilli sauce is super spicy by normal standards, and fiery by fast food standards. I've got quite an appetite for chilli, so this, though is spicy, but still tolerable. It has got a nice taste of spices in it but if consumed in larger amount, the sodium actually gets the better of it.

Chicken. It was nicely marinated and fried, I particularly loved the crumbs that added a nice texture. Particularly good to go with the fluffly white rice. Breast was tad too dry for my liking. However, everything went very well with chilli. 

All in all, the magic ended once the chilli ran out! 

Ayam Penyet RIA
Far East Plaza
Fifth floor
www.ayampenyetria.com

No comments:

Post a Comment