Sunday, September 22, 2013

Never Out of Style With Woven Classics

Discovered an interesting taiwanese variety show on MapleStage over the weekends. 上班這黨事 (translation: This matter of office life) touches on the various topics of office life, from the dreadful office politics to what is the latest trend in online shopping. The latest episode featured the top trending online buys for the lower half of 2013, which had me hooked at all the delicacies that taiwanese office workers are able to order online! *mad drools*

Here in Singapore, apart from group buy sites like groupon, deal.com.sg, voucherlicious, the top trending online purchase site must be Qoo10! While its edm always have spelling mistakes, broken links and photo mismatches, I just can't help to look past these flaws and continue patronising Qoo10 for its good variety of items, and most importantly, competitive pricing.

Personally, I've purchased knick-knacks, apparels, to food items like korean beer, bak-kwa and ice cream coupons from the site. Mainly food items I must say, as I can't bring myself to compromise on the quality of clothings. That is why I don't come back from BKK with a haul of jtj clothings usually. I'm starting to sound really picky at this point, but why!? Why waste money? Alright let's move on. I still love Krung Thep.

At this point, I highly recommend woven design bags. So classic and classy, which almost never goes out of style. Hmmm. woven classics always remind us of Bottega, but not everyone are willing to splurge on BV, and style don't need to come exactly at a sky-high price tag. There are always good alternatives online and in stores, which looks good as well. I am not one who looks for imitation goods, I would prefer something that is more practical. =)

Three recommendations for today! Ranging from favourite to hot favourite!


1. Qoo10, JHMIN
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2013NEW-ARRIVE-HOT-SALES-ON-SALES/409854987

Credit: Qoo10 seller (JHMIN)
Looks good isn't it? The one panel woven design is what I love, however, this is my least favourite out of the three as I dislike the bulkiness offered by the 12cm wide base. Trade off is that the capacity is larger and definitely practical for work bag. Probably can even throw in a towel for after-work exercise after fitting your laptop in. At 44 x 33 x 12cm, a little too bulky for my liking, but at about $40 after shipping for a PU bag, it qualifies nicely into my list.


2. Qoo10, MyFashionStory.com
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2013NEW-ARRIVE-HOT-SALES-ON-SALES/411706819

Credit: Qoo10 seller (MyFashionStory.com)

This is actually a close competitor with my first choice recommendation today. The probable reason why I haven't buy the bag yet is the difficult decision between this and the later recommendation. Qoo10's JHMIN used to have this on their sales, but recently when I placed order for this with JHMIN, it went out of stock. So, my purchase was refunded. Then, today, as I was searching for this bag to bring this recommendation, I saw this new listing by thefashionstory.com. New listing = no reviews yet. Better to wait a while more. I love how there is no base to this bag, looks less bulky. I don't really fancy the vertical mid-riff threading, but it kind of adds a bit of visual to it. Not too bad at slightly over $40.



3. Bata, retail stores all over the island!



Bata carries a range called "Bata and more", not sure the origin of it, but I am surely amazed at what Bata brings in sometimes. I definitely wouldn't have expected Bata to carry a woven classic as my impression of it is... "I go Bata to buy school shoes" or "Buy and Throw Away". I first saw it at Bata, Plaza Singapura. Managed to have a feel of it, and boy, it felt good! 

Material definitely looks/feels better than the about two bags. Unlike the previous two, this is a vertical bag which emits a total different feel. A softer and more petite feel for ladies, or a more metrosexual feel for guys. Looks can be deceiving though. Even though it looks slightly smaller, but it is still able to fit A4 size comfortably. Loves how the accessories are shiny on this bag. And the slight shine! 

At $69.90, it is slightly more expensive than the previous two, but minus the uncertainty of quality and wait arising from online order, this is worth it. Seriously contemplating getting this one, or the number two! 

Wish everyone a happy Monday, tomorrow! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment